HISD ORIENTATION AND BACKGROUND CHECK
Thank you for completing Step 1 - Step 3, you're almost there! The last step is to click the button below to complete HISD’s Orientation and Background Check.
- Use the notes below to assist you with completing HISD's Orientation and Background Check.
- On the Personal Information Page, under Affiliation, select "Community Member."
- On the School Preferences Page, select "Attucks Middle School, Daniel Ortiz Middle School and Fondren Middle School."
- On the Function Page, select "mentor"
- On the Organizations Page, add "Choose to DO, Inc." in the additional organization space.
- Once you complete the HISD Background Check, you will immediately receive an approval email from HISD or it can take up to 3 weeks for a response. Below is an example of what the acceptance email from HISD will look like. Be sure to also check your spam folder for your acceptance email.
Subject: Re: Volunteer Application Approved
Congratulations Houston Independent School Volunteer,
Your volunteer application has been APPROVED. You are all set to begin volunteering in HISD schools for the current school year. Please be sure to take your Certificate of Completion (click here) and your valid photo ID with you to the school. The schools Volunteer In Public Schools Coordinator/Back Up will be able to assist you with signing up for volunteer opportunities at the school. We look forward to working with you on the volunteer activities you selected. If you have any questions, please contact the District Volunteer Coordinator by email or telephone etc……..
- Once you receive the results from your background check, forward your acceptance email to email@example.com. Volunteers are unable to work with our kids until we receive your background check.
- Then email the program date(s) you would like to sign up for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will schedule your shift(s) and then send you a confirmation email with the program details.
- Sign up for your first volunteer shift! Spots are first come first serve!