Donor Engagement Assistant Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit that provides mental health resources to predominantly black teens under resourced. The Donor Engagement Assistant Intern is directly responsible for securing sponsorships, donations, and funding for programs, special events, and ongoing Choose to DO, Inc. needs, as well as retaining current donors by deepening relationships.
- Work closely with the development team and the fundraising committee to meet and grow fundraising goals for individual donors.
- Manage a database of individual donors and prospects.
Cultivate and solicit using one-on-one meetings, written communications, and small events to engage individuals with Choose to DO, Inc.’s work.
- Create compelling fundraising letters, pages, and campaign messaging aligned with our brand.
- Assist the development team in the planning and execution of major fundraising events.
- Oversee smaller donor events.
- Perform strategic donor research.
- Using Choose to DO, Inc.’s donor database to analyze trends related to individual giving and campaign ROI to improve donor retention and acquisition.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Must be organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and flexible.
- Be mission-driven and passionate about our work.
- Interest in improving performance to increase impact.
- Maintains a positive attitude and team player.
- 10+ hours a week
- Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Offer professional development, community service, and
- networking opportunities.