Donor Engagement Assistant Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit founded March 8, 2016, centered around mental health and wellness for BIPOC teens.
The Donor Engagement Assistant Intern supports the development efforts of Choose to DO, Inc. by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors. The Donor Engagement Assistant Interns focus will be on engaging individual donors giving under $10,000 through campaigns, donor communications, individual meetings, and events. The Donor Engagement Assistant Intern is first and foremost, passionate about the mission of the organization. They must have strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent time-management skills, and be able to prioritize deadlines. The ideal candidate is a flexible, collaborative and detail-driven professional with direct solicitation and/or annual campaign experience, and a commitment to learning and growth.
DONOR ENGAGEMENT ASSISTANT INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the development team and the fundraising committee to meet and grow fundraising goals for individual donors (currently ~$100,000 annually).
- Develop a moves management pipeline for both new prospects and returning donors.
- Manage a portfolio of individual major donors and prospects, using cultivation and solicitation tools including one-on-one meetings, written communications, and small events to engage individuals with Choose to DO, Inc.’s work.
- Create compelling fundraising letters, pages, and campaign messaging aligned with our brand.
- Assist the development team in the planning and execution of major fundraising events.
- Oversee smaller donor events.
- Perform strategic prospect research and develop meeting briefs for new/existing donors.
- Using Choose to DO, Inc.’s donor database to analyze trends related to individual giving and campaign ROI to improve donor retention and acquisition.
- Support donor communication through drafting e-newsletters, website content, and social media posts.
- Support additional fundraising activities of Choose to DO, Inc. the Board of Directors, fundraising committee, and staff.
DONOR ENGAGEMENT ASSISTANT INTERN QUALIFICATIONS
- Past development/fundraising experience as a Development Coordinator or Manager is a plus but not required.
- Knowledgeable about fundraising best practices, including community-centric fundraising.
- Experience with donor database software.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and flexible.
- Be mission-driven and passionate about our work.
Interest in improving performance to increase impact.
- Maintains a positive attitude, team player, energizes others, and has a sense of humor.
- Non-profit experience is a plus but not required.
- Time Requirement: Hours: 10+ hours a week and work based on your availability.
- Salary: Unpaid
- Location: Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Incentives: Professional developments, community service, and networking opportunities.
If interested in college, volunteer, or other credit please communicate that to your interviewer. We will consider high school seniors, college students, and professionals.