Graphic Design Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit founded March 8, 2016, centered around mental health and wellness for BIPOC teens.
The Graphic Designer Intern, designs a wide variety of things across digital and offline media. Graphic designers use computers or hand tools to create posters, websites, logos, brochures, magazines and many other materials to communicate ideas and information visually.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work simultaneously on 5+ projects based on current workload.
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, newsletters, websites and other media, including infographics.
- Put together disparate elements of a design created by another professional, such as the icons, photographs and other components necessary for a website design.
- Consult with marketing, copywriting and organization teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our clients’ corporate cultures and goals.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER INTERN QUALIFICATIONS
- Shows interest in related discipline. ***Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art Design and/or Marketing a PLUS!
Expert to entry level experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, mockups, web design and multimedia presentation
- Expert to entry level experience with professional commercial design, experience with a marketing or creative agency is a PLUS!
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Excellent communication skills
Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Flexibility in schedule required
- Time Requirement: Hours: 10+ hours a week and work based on your availability.
- Salary: Unpaid
- Location: Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Incentives: Professional developments, community service, and networking opportunities.
If interested in college, volunteer, or other credit please communicate that to your interviewer. We will consider high school seniors, college students, and professionals.