Grant Writer Virtual Volunteer
Volunteers are an integral aspect of Choose to DO, Inc. and allow for greater diversity within our organization and support the children we mentor. Virtual Volunteers have short and long term volunteer opportunities where individuals offer their expertise to help the organization grow.
The Grant Writer writes grant proposals for Choose to DO, Inc. and applies knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach revenue goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Display adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs.
- Assist with the execution of the organization's strategy.
- Identify grant funding opportunities.
- Write, submit, and manage grant proposals.
- Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Director of Development to send funders information and to promote Choose to DO, Inc.
- Collaborate with the Development staff to compile an annual report.
- Maintain digital records.
Guidelines for Volunteers
- Volunteers are 18 years old or older. Younger than 18 must have parent/legal guardian consent.
- No smoking onsite while volunteering with Choose to DO, Inc.
- Listen to the supervisor for instruction and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Volunteering with Choose to DO, Inc. is fun, so have a good time!
- 10+ hours a week
- 3 or 6 month term
- This is a remote position