Marketing and Communications Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a youth organization established on March 8, 2016 that focuses on the physical and mental benefits of positive thinking.
Our work is fueled by a network of passionate people who believe that everyone gains value from quality mentorship and positive influence.
We are currently in search of a Marketing & Communications Intern **seeking local and/or remote support.
Note: This is an unpaid position, however we do provide periodic incentives, as well as numerous professional developments, community service, and networking opportunities. If interested in college, volunteer, or other credit please communicate that to your interviewer.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will be responsible for spreading the word about our program through various means of communication (email, newsletter, blog, social media, word-of-mouth, telephone, text, etc.)
- Developing important relationships with media, news outlets, schools, programs, and the community.
- This person will oversee social media accounts and be responsible for daily/weekly postings, and monthly data reports.
- Supporting the building and growing of our brand.
- Stay up to date with current media trends, and current social and community issues.
- Additional duties as assigned.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN QUALIFICATIONS
- Organized and resourceful, outgoing and great communicator.
- Experience writing for social media, newsletters, blog and editorial writing. (Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) experience is a PLUS!
- Ownership of a good quality camera is also a PLUS!
- Proficiency in with Applications (Word, excel, drive, sheets, docs, etc.).
- Ability to work well independently, and across teams.
We will consider middle school, high school students, college students, and professionals.