Marketing & Communications Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit that provides mental health resources to predominantly black teens under resourced. The Marketing & Communications Intern coordinates all the marketing activities and initiatives for the organization. They conduct market research, carry out promotional campaigns, identify target audiences and evaluate current trends.
- Lead the marketing team to create branded advertising campaigns, and support the marketing and design teams by coordinating content.
- Develop strategic marketing initiatives and activities.
Implement marketing plans that include print, broadcast and online content.
- Setup tracking systems for marketing campaigns.
- Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities and negotiate media coverage.
- Create, maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Organized, resourceful, outgoing and a great communicator.
- Experience writing for social media, newsletters, blog and editorial writing.
- Proficiency with Applications (Word, excel, drive, sheets, docs, etc.).
- Ability to work well independently, and across teams.
- Flexibility in schedule required
- 10+ hours a week
- Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Offer professional development, community service, and networking opportunities.