Marketing & Communications Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit founded March 8, 2016, that provides mental health resources to BIPOC teens in low income communities.
The Marketing & Communications Intern coordinates all the marketing activities and initiatives for the organization. They conduct market research, carry out promotional campaigns, identify target audiences and evaluate current trends.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategic marketing initiatives and activities.
Implement marketing plans that include print, broadcast and online content.
- Create branded advertising campaigns, and support the marketing and design teams by coordinating and collating content.
- Setup tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
- Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities and negotiate media coverage.
Traffic all advertising efforts to appropriate channels.
Develop and manage all internal communication systems.
- Create, maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues.
- Organize and streamline service offerings into user-friendly concepts.
- Manage print contractors and other promotional vendors.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
Simplify complex data into a user-friendly format such as graphs, charts and other visual aids for clients and management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN QUALIFICATIONS
- Organized and resourceful, outgoing and great communicator.
- Experience writing for social media, newsletters, blog and editorial writing.
- (Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) experience is a PLUS!
- Ownership of a good quality camera is also a PLUS!
Proficiency with Applications (Word, excel, drive, sheets, docs, etc.).
- Ability to work well independently, and across teams.
- Flexibility in schedule required.
- Time Requirement: Hours: 10+ hours a week and work based on your availability.
- Salary: Unpaid
- Location: Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Incentives: Professional developments, community service, and networking opportunities.