Marketing & Communications Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit founded March 8, 2016, centered around mental health and wellness for BIPOC teens.
Marketing coordinators are professionals who coordinate all the marketing activities and initiatives of an organization. They conduct market research, carry out promotional campaigns, identify target audiences and evaluate current trends.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategic marketing initiatives and activities.
Implement marketing plans that include print, broadcast and online content.
- Create branded advertising campaigns, and support the marketing and design teams by coordinating and collating content.
- Setup tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
- Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities and negotiate media coverage.
Traffic all advertising efforts to appropriate channels.
Develop and manage all internal communication systems.
- Create, maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues.
- Organize and streamline service offerings into user-friendly concepts.
- Manage print contractors and other promotional vendors.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
Simplify complex data into a user-friendly format such as graphs, charts and other visual aids for clients and management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN QUALIFICATIONS
- Organized and resourceful, outgoing and great communicator.
- Experience writing for social media, newsletters, blog and editorial writing.
- (Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) experience is a PLUS!
- Ownership of a good quality camera is also a PLUS!
Proficiency with Applications (Word, excel, drive, sheets, docs, etc.).
- Ability to work well independently, and across teams.
- Flexibility in schedule required.
- Time Requirement: Hours: 10+ hours a week and work based on your availability.
- Salary: Unpaid
- Location: Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Incentives: Professional developments, community service, and networking opportunities.