Planning & Programs Coordinator Intern
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit founded March 8, 2016, that provides mental health resources to BIPOC teens in low income communities.
The Planning & Program Coordinator Intern is responsible for overseeing the process of maintaining knowledge and understanding of implementation and policy issues related to Choose to DO, Inc. 's services, in addition, responsibilities include designing, implementing, overseeing and monitoring goals, assessments and service efforts.
PLANNING & PROGRAM COORDINATOR INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of Choose to DO, Inc.’s services.
- Assisting in the formulation of administrative procedures, policies, and curriculum which directly affects the welfare of the community.
- Assisting in the development of plans that will improve the quality of services that Choose to DO, Inc. provides to the community based on assessed needs.
- Providing assessments to improve Choose to DO, Inc.’s processes and services.
- Oversee and make recommendations to community resources to Choose to DO, Inc.’s population.
- Develop and maintain excellent partnerships with affiliated community partners, volunteers and partner agencies etc.
- Assist with fundraising
- Assist with grant writing
- Other duties as assigned
- First year/second year student interested in the macro social work field.
- Interested in learning about the community and working with individuals from a diverse background.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and take initiative.
- Must possess mature communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, and innovative thinker.
- Time Requirement: Hours: 10+ hours a week and work based on your availability.
- Salary: Unpaid
- Location: Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Incentives: Professional developments, community service, and networking opportunities.