Photographer/Videographer Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit founded March 8, 2016, centered around mental health and wellness for BIPOC teens.
The Photographer/Videographer Intern will capture images or videos in a studio, on location, or at an event. The photographer prepares the studio by setting up lights and props and typically performs editing after. A videographer is responsible for planning, filming, and editing videos that could be used for a variety of mediums.
PHOTOGRAPHER/VIDEOGRAPHER INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet to gauge the needs and expectations of a photoshoot.
- Prepare the studio /space for photoshoots by setting up necessary lights
and ensuring that the space is clean.
- Find appropriate locations for shoots that are held outside of a location.
- Prepare necessary release forms for events.
- Remain up to date with the latest editing software.
- Film videos on set or on location.
- Ensure that equipment for a shoot is present and working.
- Plan the shoot with the creative team.
- Edit footage in post-production.
- Direct other camera operators so that the needed footage is acquired.
- Additional duties as assigned
PHOTOGRAPHER/PHOTOGRAPHER INTERN QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
- Completion of a course in digital photography.
- Portfolio of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a schedule.
- Prior work experience at a studio is a plus but not required.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Proficiency with camera equipment.
- Time Requirement: Hours: 10+ hours a week and work based on your availability.
- Salary: Unpaid
- Location: Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
Incentives: Professional developments, community service, and networking opportunities.