Social Media Assistant Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit that provides mental health resources to predominantly black teens under resourced. The Social Media Assistant Intern creates content on TikTok and Twitter to raise awareness for the org's mission.
- Work with the marketing team to create marketing strategies for Tik Tok and Twitter.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks to assist in shaping, creating, and distributing social content for Choose to DO, Inc. supporters on TikTok and Twitter.
- Follow ethical social standards of practice.
- Generate new ideas for building social media account engagement and growth.
- Regularly use social data to inform content decisions.
- Work across teams on projects to create content.
- Social media experience
- Fundamental content creation skills in social media writing, photo editing, and video editing
- Appreciation for and strong understanding of social media trends and culture.
- Demonstrated communication and organization skills
- 10+ hours a week
- Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Offer professional development, community service, and networking opportunities.