Strategic Outreach Assistant Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit founded March 8, 2016, centered around mental health and wellness for BIPOC teens.
The Strategic Outreach Assistant Intern drives a scalable approach to better serve and engage underrepresented and strategically-important communities, through nonprofit outreach. This person will execute an operational program to engage and track and optimize results to drive goals for Choose to DO, Inc. and our community.
STRATEGIC OUTREACH ASSISTANT INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of Choose to DO, Inc.’s services.
- Assisting in the formulation of administrative procedures, policies, and curriculum which directly affects the welfare of the community.
- Assisting in the development of plans that will improve the quality of services that Choose to DO, Inc. provides to the community based on assessed needs.
- Providing assessments to improve Choose to DO, Inc.’s processes and services.
- Oversee and make recommendations to community resources to Choose to DO, Inc.’s population.
- Develop and maintain excellent partnerships with affiliated community partners, volunteers and partner agencies etc.
- Support and manage Choose to DO, Inc. at scale to maximize effectiveness in driving awareness and fundraising.
- Assist with fundraising.
- Assist with grant writing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- First year/second year student interested in the macro social work field.
- Interested in learning about the community and working with individuals from a diverse background.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and take initiative.
- Must possess mature communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, and innovative thinker.
- Time Requirement: Hours: 10+ hours a week and work based on your availability.
- Salary: Unpaid
- Location: Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Incentives: Professional developments, community service, and networking opportunities.