Volunteer Coordinator Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit that provides mental health resources to predominantly black teens in under-resourced communities. The Volunteer Coordinator Intern oversees volunteer recruitment and community projects.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising new volunteers.
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
- Using marketing tools such as outreach programs, e-mails, and volunteer databases.
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities.
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
- Organizing training and leading on-the-job training.
- Keeping schedules and records of volunteers' work.
- Preparing codes of conduct and operating procedures to uphold the organization's values.
- Ensuring the organization's purpose is conveyed to the public.
- The ability to act with integrity in times of stress.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organized, resourceful and a great communicator.
- Detail oriented
- 10+ hours a week
- Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Offer professional development, community service, and networking opportunities.