Youth Advisory Board Description
The Youth Advisory Board is a professional and personal development opportunity for young adults to work together, to reinforce our mission of building self esteem in young people worldwide. To be part of the Youth Advisory Board, you must:
- Be a young person living in the United States, aged 11 - 18 years old.
- Be proficient in English.
- Have regular access to the internet.
- Be interested in helping Choose to DO, Inc. deliver the best programs
- Enjoy working as part of a diverse and collaborative group.
The Youth Advisory Board adds value to Choose to DO, Inc. by:
- Providing advice, input and feedback for our youth programs, the organization, the Board of Directors and other programs and initiatives as needed.
- Supporting Choose to DO, Inc.’s campaign and advocacy efforts.
- Engaging with external youth and development focused organizations in the United States and internationally, both within and outside of Choose to DO, Inc.
- The Youth Advisory Board meets to share updates on YAB progress, provide feedback on current campaigns and initiatives and engage with relevant Choose to DO, Inc. staff if necessary.
Youth Advisory Board Benefits
- Training as required.
- Introduction to potential connections, peers and companies etc.
- A letter of reference.
- Members are recognized at dinners and in newsletter features etc.
- 1 - 8 hours a month
- Term is a minimum of 1 year
- In person or remote
- Offer professional development, community service, and networking opportunities.