Youth Care Worker Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a youth organization established on March 8, 2016 that focuses on the physical and mental benefits of positive thinking.
Our work is fueled by a network of passionate people who believe that everyone gains value from quality mentorship and positive influence.
We are currently in search of a Marketing & Communications Intern **seeking local and/or remote support.
Note: This is an unpaid position, however we do provide periodic incentives, as well as numerous professional developments, community service, and networking opportunities. If interested in college, volunteer, or other credit please communicate that to your interviewer.
The purpose of the Youth Care Worker position is
To create expanded opportunities for young people to acquire leadership skills and improve their communities through service with nonprofit organizations and other groups.
YOUTH CARE WORKER INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct outreach to schools, nonprofit organizations, and community-based Organizations (CBOs) to promote Choose to DO, Inc.’s youth leadership programs, initiatives, and special events.
- Collaborate with Choose to DO, Inc. staff, committee and board members in operating Breaking the Cycle and the Online Classes.
- Conduct/develop a system for identifying the interests and abilities of students and other young people and connecting them in meaningful and mutually productive community service projects with appropriate nonprofit organizations and groups.
- Lead the group activities for youth programs.
Interface with federal and private volunteer organizations, colleges, and universities to secure volunteers and assistance for youth programs.
- Recruit prospective volunteers and interns (as needed).
- Assign volunteers to appropriate roles and responsibilities.
- Develop with staff, a position description, slate of responsibilities, and timelines for activities and initiatives.
- Help to evaluate and report volunteer services and experiences for volunteers performing for-credit.
- In concert with Choose to DO, Inc. staff, committee and board members conduct formative and summative evaluation of the youth programs.
- Perform other activities as appropriate.
YOUTH CARE WORKER INTERN QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate for the Youth Care Worker should be pursuing or have some background or educational training in program development or administration. He or she will have experience working with youth and will be an innovative thinker. Some supervisory experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Have or pursuing a college degree
Possess a professional demeanor, enthusiasm for public service, and interest in social justice
- Have and demonstrate sound judgment
- Have professional experience in community organizing, education, and/or community service
- Have an understanding of underprivileged communities and culture
- Be a team player and a collaborative worker
- Have good interpersonal relationship skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have personal experience serving in a volunteer capacity
- Have an understanding of and experience in research methods
- Be highly organized, capable of multitasking, and working under time pressure
- Have at least basic presentation skills and familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint
- Be a self-starter capable of working independently
Reporting and Supervision
The Youth Care Worker will report to the CEO of Choose to DO, Inc. in his/her work in youth leadership programming, management of volunteers, their activities, and projects. The CEO will provide oversight and required resources to the Youth Care Worker. We will consider high school seniors, college students, and professionals.