Youth Program Coordinator Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit that provides mental health resources to predominantly black teens under resourced. The Youth Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and supervising youth programs.
- Coordinates and supervises youth programs.
- Assists the Planning and Programming Coordinator to facilitate the design and implementation of youth programming.
- Researching and contacting schools, organizations etc. that the organization can partner with.
- Maintains & expands effective collaborative relationships with schools, organizations, etc.
- Reviews, prepares and submits data collected from program and volunteer activity, to key stakeholders within the organization.
- Collaborate with volunteers to co-facilitate and coordinate programs.
- Works with the Youth Care Worker Intern to maintain a positive environment and sets an example of conduct and professionalism for youth and volunteers during programming.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and arrange meetings depending on the task at hand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in software such as Microsoft Office, Google etc.
- Ability to relate to young people AND keep a professional boundary
- A self-starter, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be grounded and organized, yet flexible and open
- to the changing demands of a small organization
- 10+ hours a week
- Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Offer professional development, community service, and networking opportunities.