Youth Program Coordinator Intern Job Description
Choose to DO, Inc. is a nonprofit founded March 8, 2016, centered around mental health and wellness for BIPOC teens
The Youth Program Coordinator is responsible for administering and delivering programs for young adults, for using existing program curricula to carry out, for updating and developing new curricula as necessary. The coordinator is responsible for taking notes and maintaining records to track program progress and accomplishments and ensure timelines and deliverables are being met. The YPC should have a broad knowledge of current social issues, specifically as they relate to youth and their communities. They work collaboratively with staff and community partners to carry out the program.
YOUTH PROGRAM COORDINATOR INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts outreach to recruit youth for Choose to DO, Inc.’s youth programs.
- Coordinates and supervises youth programs and volunteers.
- Facilitates the design and implementation of youth programming.
- Tracks and documents program sessions with sign in sheets, detailed notes, photos, & any other means deemed appropriate.
- Leads evaluations of youth and volunteers.
- Maintains & expands effective collaborative relationships with schools, orgs, etc.
- Monitors program activities, reviews, prepares and submits program reports.
- Maintains a positive environment and sets an example of conduct and professionalism for youth and volunteers during programming.
YOUTH PROGRAM COORDINATOR INTERN QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in software such as Microsoft Office, Google etc.
- Some experience of participating in and running youth programs.
- Ability to relate to young people AND keep a professional distance a must.
- A self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be grounded and organized and yet flexible and open to the changing demands of a small organization.
- Willing to step into tasks as needed and requested by Choose to DO, Inc. management.
- Time Requirement: Hours: 10+ hours a week and work based on your availability.
- Salary: Unpaid
- Location: Remote and/or working in person in Houston, TX.
- Incentives: Professional developments, community service, and networking opportunities.